Octopus - Classic Crewneck SweatshirtRegular price $60.00 CAD
“The Octopus is a remarkable, unique, eight armed sea creature. The final spirit helper – its transformative nature is represented by its natural ability to incorporate its body into its surroundings and its means of capturing and devouring its prey."
A sturdy and warm sweatshirt bound to keep you warm in the colder months. A pre-shrunk, classic fit sweater that's made with air-jet spun yarn for a soft feel and reduced pilling.
- 50% cotton, 50% polyester
- Fabric weight: 8.0 oz/y² (271.25 g/m²)
- 1x1 athletic rib-knit collar with spandex
- Air-jet spun yarn with a soft feel and reduced pilling
- Double-needle stitched collar, shoulders, armholes, cuffs, and hem
- Quarter-turned to avoid crease down the middle
- Blank product sourced from Honduras or Mexico
After attending school in Victoria, Doug completed a college course in Fine Arts. Shortly after, he worked in the logging industry on Vancouver Island for several years. A visit to Simon Charlie at his workshop in Koksilah, BC rekindled a desire to pursue the arts. Doug studied under Simon and broadened his range of work in the Coast Salish style. Some of Doug's top artistic accomplishments include a Salish Welcome Figure, presented to Queen Elizabeth at the Opening Ceremonies of the XV Commonwealth Games in Victoria, as well as a commission to paint a Thunderbird and Killerwhale Dance Screen backdrop to be used at the Lauwelnew Tribal School Cultural Village. In 2004, Doug - in collaboration with Charles Elliott - carved two 30-foot totem poles for Buchart Gardens' 100th anniversary celebration.